Humberside Police Federation are now offering members the chance to sign up to the Northern Healthcare Scheme which is run in conjuction with a number of federations within the region to offer affordable healthcare to not only police officers, but to police staff that are members of a union.
The key benefits of this scheme for your members and their families are:-
• Up to 12 months FREE membership for Student Officers in their 1st Year of service and significantly discounted rates available in Year 2
• First 2 months subscription FREE for any new member joining the scheme
• No waiting lists for musculoskeletal injuries meaning that you can return to work sooner.
• No limit on the number of claims you can make – the number or cost of claims you make will not affect your premium as an individual
• Access to a nationwide network of over 180 Bupa accredited hospitals means that you can choose the one most convenient for you and also at a time of day to suit your lifestyle.
• Full cancer and cardiology cover with no cap on approved treatments, therapies and drugs which may not be available on the NHS.
• Access to Bupa’s Health Line, a 24 hour, 365 days a year health line, staffed by fully qualified Nurses offering guidance and advice on any medical issue totally free of charge.
As NHS funding continues to be under significant pressure membership of this scheme ensures prompt access to diagnosis and treatment as this could impact future job security and lifestyle.
Click here for full details of the Pricing
Did you know that Bupa also has a dental plan?
The Police Treatment Centres is a registered charity which provides treatment, support & recuperation, including intensive, police-specific, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, for injured and ill police officers and retired officers.
By making a monthly donation, the PTC can support YOU during difficult times. Your donation gives you access to free, expert, police-specific treatment, at one of our 2 centres, regardless of whether your injury occurred on or off duty.
The St George’s Police Children Trust is a registered charity which provides support of a financial nature to children and young people whose police officer parent has either lost their life or had an injury/illness, whilst on or off duty, preventing them from being able to work.
Police officers are very often the first responders to serious accidents and dangerous incidents, which can sometimes result in the unthinkable happening. While no amount of money can replace a parent, support from the Charity can provide a degree of financial certainly in difficult times and is provided for on or off duty incidents.
Support the Charity, and together we can help safeguard the future of our police officer's children.